EK Community Food Bank is a short-term care initiative that aims to help families who are facing financial difficulty and who do not have enough to buy all the food they require as a family. Food packages are given out freely to families without question or judgement. We now have a number of Churches involved in the Food Bank.
At East Mains while the Food Bank is open you can enjoy a cup of tea or coffee, a hot roll and a chat with our volunteers.
Below is a list of the Churches who have drop in sessions where you can collect food parcels.
Collection Points and Times.
- Sundays 2.00pm-4.00pm Westwood Baptist Church (2 Tasman Drive)
- Mondays 10.30am-12.30pm East Mains Baptist Church (The Village Centre)
- Mondays 6.00pm-8.00pm Church at Lindsayfield (Greenhills Community Centre)
- Tuesdays 10.00am-12.00noon Claremont Parish Church (High Common Road)
- Wednesdays 11.00am-1.00pm Calderwood Baptist Church (Maxwellton Road)
For Crisis or Emergency help please contact CBC 01355 247660 (9am-4pm, Monday-Friday)
If you require support or would like more information about the EK Community Food Bank, you should call 01355 247660.
Giving to the Food Bank
The Food Bank is primarily stocked by donations from members of East Mains and our partners. We are also blessed to receive donations from other individuals and organisations from our community.
If you wish, you can make a donation of non-perishable food items for the Food Bank. You can deliver these to the any of the Churches involved during their drop in sessions or you can drop food into ‘Tartin Martin’ in the Village centre at any time during the week.
If you are unable to shop for products/food to donate you can make a financial donation. You can hand any financial donation in to East Mains or any of our partner Churches. Any financial donation will be used to purchase products/food to maintain our stock levels.
- When: Wednesdays 10am – 2pm
- Where: Calderwood Baptist Church (Main Hall) Maxwellton Road, Calderwood , G74 3LW
- Providing*: Fresh fruit and vegetables Adult and Children’s clothing New toys Baby items (nappies, baby food etc.) White goods Furniture Non-Perishable food (tins etc.)